Pages

Thursday, March 17, 2011

My Arduous Journey

My Arduous Journey
By John A. Wilson


Blindfolded I walk a treacherous path,
Through the dark swamplands of life.
The dangers that lurk there daily I face
Armed neither with spear nor gun, club or knife.

All manner of dangerous beast lurk here
In the shadows and the trees and pools.
Ready to pounce on the unwary ones
Who think they are protected by fancy jewels.

But the beasts, the snakes and the biting flies
Are never the things that concern me most
For always am I on my constant guard
Against the danger of the beastly host.

Those things I can see and defend against
In my trek across this dangerous land
My greatest fear is the thing I can't see
Like the deep sucking pools of the sand.

The ground that I tread seems solid and firm
Where the danger lies I can never know
My next step may bring disaster to me
As again I'm caught in the undertow

There's no reason why I sink into the sand
And nothing there is that can make me stop
I only can struggle and claw my way
If not to get out at least stay on top

It frightens you when I begin to sink
You care for me so you worry and fret
You want to find a way to help me out
Throw me a rope or be my safety net

I'm sorry but it doesn't work that way
This is something that I must do alone
Try to understand, this is not your fault
You're not the reason that I cry and moan.

You ask why I walk this dangerous path
Why not leave this treacherous place for good
I don't know how to make you understand
If there were any way I could, I would

It wasn't my choice this path that I take
The place where I am was thrust upon me
I must deal with it the best way I can
Fighting depression and insanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment